Meet Dr. Neal Rittenhouse
Contact Dr. Rittenhouse at:
A Charlottesville, Virginia native, Neal has lived and worked in the Shenandoah Valley since 1998. He holds four degrees from James Madison University and has spent most of his professional career in private clinical practice, institutions of higher education, and medical settings. He completed his predoctoral training at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in White River Junction, Vermont on the grounds of the National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
Most recently the Associate Dean of Students for Health and Wellness and Director of Counseling Services at Bridgewater College, Dr. Rittenhouse provides psychotherapy and psychological assessment for individuals, couples, and families who present with a multitude of concerns.
Having graduated from JMU's Combined-Integrated Doctoral Program for Clinical and School Psychology he is most comfortable working as a collaborative partner with you as you establish your goals and set forth on your journey toward growth and change.
Dr. Rittenhouse has special interests and training in the following areas:
• Mood disorders (anxiety, depression, bipolar, etc.)
• Personality disorders
• Difficulty with major life transitions
• Interpersonal challenges
• Collaborative divorce
• Racial, sexual, and gender identity development
• Evaluation and treatment of chronic pain
• Evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders
• Evaluation for pre-surgical procedures (bariatric surgery and implantable medical devices)
• Evaluation and treatment of trauma
• Grief, loss, and bereavement